Author Topic: DPS achilles heel  (Read 883 times)

bushwacka

• Instructor
  • 400 Posts
Re: DPS achilles heel
« on: January 21, 2012, 04:12:14 pm »
the nice thing at stowe is open slope crud busting is the last thing that a ski needs to be good at. which the RP112 does not do well at.

The RP112 is one of the best tight places powder skiing while still be ok on hardpack skis out there. It makes a great touring ski due to it tight turn radius, lightness and ability to deal with any snow your find in the BC. But all of that makes a pretty bad crud buster.

Best crud busters our right now are

Blizzard Coshise - super versatile rocker on this skis seems to be off no hinderance. The 193cm killed it in crud for me. Blizzard will be getting my money for a pair of 193cm before my spring snowbird trip.
Rossi E98 - easier to ski, still not fun in tight places in the 187cm lenght
Line Influence 105 or 115 - have skied the Prophet 115 lots of sidecut, to much imo some people will like its steamrolling carving ability
Atomic Crimson Ti
Ow3p Vicik

some of the best in recent years

Head Im88 - might be the best for most mortal people
Head IM103  -hands down the best for the rock star set on the mountain. 103mm waist,32 to 40 meter sidecut and full camber, with a SG style tip. This skis is basically the best full cambered Mach 7 crud buster ever devised.
Line Mothership - one of the most versatile of the no longer made because they were too stiff list
Rossi Squad - - simply to stiff for anyone who wasnt skiing the cirque in 4 turns
Dynstar XXL - in the 187 this was my go to non powder but still soft ski at Snowbird.