Author Topic: A 3 Carver Review  (Read 787 times)

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
Re: A 3 Carver Review
« on: January 10, 2012, 03:09:37 pm »
Gary and Svend

I demo'd the Elan amphibio Wave Flex 12 Fusion. How's that for the longest name? Below is link. 14 m turning radius. So, yes, Gary, I'm 99.9% certain we are talking about the same ski.

http://www.elanskis.com/us/product/amphibio-waveflex-12-fusion.html

Svend,
Your observations about the small amount of rocker, in tip of the outside ski, are accurate. I could not detect any difference in the way it performed because of that distinction. I probably do not use the same technique as your wife (we could have a lot of fun with that statement, and, we are talking skis here.) More than anything, I remember the grip of the weighted ski using my PMTS one weighted ski style. It's just a fun ski, had me smiling. I only did two runs as a favor to the rep because he had someone else who wanted it. Given more time, I would have reversed the skis, just to see what happened. Nice, light, quick, stable. I rode a chairlift today with someone who had the ski, and, he gave it great reviews on our eastern home mountain. I am a fan of Elan carvers.

The Kastle MX70 is agile, very smooth edge to edge, but, compared to the Elan, it's more of a GS ski. I think it would make a great ski for an high speed lady, it was not bulky.  I did not try to make shorter turns as the rep stated it was GS and I wanted to experience the GS qualities. I did not demo the MX78 again, it was getting to much usage from others, that day. On a small eastern mountain, for me, the Elan wins hands down, but, I prefer shorter radius skis to develop PMTS. I've joined a local ski racing team and would consider a MX70, but, as it would be a speciality ski, the cost/value ratio does not work.