Author Topic: Progressor 8+ (2010-11 model)  (Read 1044 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Progressor 8+ (2010-11 model)
« on: December 28, 2011, 05:06:42 pm »
Oh man! So glad you like them! Phew! As Terryl and I highly recommended these to you, and felt they would be a great choice for what you were looking for, we were rather apprehensive about how you'd click with these babies.  It's just fantastic that you like them so much.  (Collective sigh of relief....)

As for the clean tipping and kick back, detuning the tips and tails with a gummi stone really helps that.  These skis are pretty torsionally stiff, so aren't very forgiving of slightly imperfect edge changes (not that all your edge changes aren't perfect  ;D ).  Don't be afraid to dull down a couple of inches at both ends.  It won't affect your edge grip, but will make the skis that much more compliant and better mannered.  Much easier to make them go where you point them.  You can always resharpen if you don't like it.

Did you play with the binding position? Terryl skis hers at the "0" mark, and finds them the smoothest and most stable at that position.  Tried them first at +1.5, and they were really squirrelly. 

And yes, I would guess they are more lively than the Heads....hope that's OK for you.

What length did you get? Sorry, I can't recall.....

Congrats! And wishing you many fun years on those. 

Svend