Author Topic: Ski Logic Ullr's Chariot Mini Review  (Read 2691 times)

Liam

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 200 Posts
Re: Ski Logic Ullr's Chariot Mini Review
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 10:53:19 am »
How does it hold up in crud and chop?

Well, I've skied it in a lot of difficult and challenging snow (and in a lot of great snow as well).  So I'd say, For the way I ski, it handles crud/ chop pretty darn good.  It's light, but the tip will engage and slice a good edge through difficult snow.  It's very easy to pop around and to jump and play with in crud and chop.  It is really excellent in breakable crust (as far as skiing breakable crust can ever be called excellent).  When crud begins to turn to more solid 'crud bumps', it really skis well as it's flex and shape is very helpful in bumps.  It's not a ski that will bulldoze, blaze through, or tear up the heaviest of chop.  But, with a light touch and at speeds that are more moderate, it makes for a very capable and playful ski.

It does have a fairly pronounced speed limit in really heavy chop.  I would imagine that high speed arcs in PNW deep crud would not be it's forte.  The Shaman is the real world beater for that sort of skiing in those conditions.  But you already knew that.

What is really great about both these skis is that they handle groomed, or firmer snow very well...no, you won't confuse them for SuperShape, but you won't confuse them for a Bent Chetler either!  For medium to large arcs on spring snow, soft groomers or even average groomers, the Nomads are very peasant and capable of moderate angle carving.  For a mixed skiing day that has crud filled tree runs and long groomers back to the lift (and, like I said, especially for people who want a wider but also a non-rockered ski with traditional camber) these skis are great.