Author Topic: Ski Logic Ullr's Chariot Mini Review  (Read 2710 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Ski Logic Ullr's Chariot Mini Review
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 10:12:24 am »
Well I had my Chariots out in some fresh snow yesterday. The snow was much more Tahoe like than Montana like. We had very high moisture content and some very high winds. The snow had quite a bit of wind buff on it but it was still reasonably soft and very skiable. The chariots skied the pow fine and they were fun and enjoyable. In the chop which was much heavier than normal for here, they did not hold up well. I would say it was the opposite of what Dawg had said on the RL Chariots. My tips felt too soft and actually flapped some. In general the ski lacked the kind of stability necessary to be in aggressive in this snow. I skied both My Shamans and my K2 Hardsides in the same snow and bot were vastly superior. Later in the day I switched to me IM 78's and these were also superior (I can't say it often enough how great these skis are in so many conditions).

There was also quite a bit of groomed terrain open yesterday and so there was a lot of cut up groomed terrain from the new snow. With this heavier snow the Chariots didn't do that well. On true groomed snow the skis felt twitchy and short. They wanted to make tight 15m turns all the time and felt very twitchy going straighter than that. And i don't like the tune. It's bad and it may be some good percentage of the problem. My guess is that he's got the base way flat and it needs to be at least 1* and maybe 1.5.

I will take these out a few more times to see how they ski. It may still turn out that these are great pow skis for most days in MT. If that's the case I will be a very happy customer. It is also clear to me that I would never want to ski these skis in Tahoe or any other place that gets dense heavy snow. I will also play with the tune and see where we end up.

Happy New year to all!!