Author Topic: Kastle MX 88 vs Rossi Exp 88 vs Nordica Steadfast  (Read 2653 times)

randall

Re: Kastle MX 88 vs Rossi Exp 88 vs Nordica Steadfast
« on: December 24, 2011, 10:27:27 pm »
Thanks everyone for your thoughts.  I skied the JJs because I was at a demo day and the guy suggested I try them even if just for fun.  They skied exceptionally well on packed powder which amazed me given their manly girth.  Last Thursday my son and I were fortunate enough to get another great powder day at Powderhorn--close to a foot new with temps in the upper teens to low 20s and it snowed all day.  I demo'd the Armada TST and it was fabulous in the pow.  I really like the Armada line what I've skied so far.

Well it's Christmas Eve and my new Steadfasts are under the tree all mounted up and ready to ride.  I hope I am going to like them as well as I did on my earlier demo day.  Decision made.  The new powder boards will have to wait a year or two.

I guess I am an opportunistic skier.  If it snows I generally go up and I ski off groomed as much as possible, hit the bumps or sidestash areas along the edges, and some trees if there not spaced too tight.  If there isn't any new snow I wait till the sun softens up some runs and carve them up.  I kind of go with the flow--don't we all.  Again I am older and a recreational skier so I wear out quickly in the more challenging terrain.  But, all the new equipment I've been trying is really helping out my game.  So I am excited to have any new ski because it is going to advance my skiing skill and fun dramatically.

I agreed with the comment about the MX88 and I am sure that they are fabulous but the extra cost made the decision easy--I didn't even try them.  I don't really consider the Steadfasts a one quiver ski although I am sure they will function well everywhere--I am still going to purcahse a pair of fat boards for the big powder days; we get too much good powder not to go all out when the time calls.

Merry Christmas everyone and I will let you know how the Steadfast ski very soon! :o