Author Topic: Fischer Vacuum Boots  (Read 485 times)

dmccalmont

Fischer Vacuum Boots
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:12:04 pm »
Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to ski on these but I was wondering if anyone has, and if so, what their impressions have been?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Fischer Vacuum Boots
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 01:28:13 pm »
Probably like you, the whole  Vacum concept makes great sense to me. In our area, they don't have the machine that does the re-mold work on the boots. I have talked with guys who have skied them set up and they loved them. The local rep said we'd have one in our local ski shop next season.

If you've got a shop in the neighborhood, seems to me the Fischer Vacum is a great way to get a very custom fit to your foot. The other thing I had not tried was the stance the boots sets the foot in. Again, I've been told it's not noticeable when standing but easier edge to edge.

I love how they can totally customize the boot for stance, cant, frankensten toes, etc...

If you decide to go this way, please post a review of the product, the process and the performance.

When I was looking for new boots, my 2nd choice was the Lange RS pro 130 and I really lucked out...the fit was unaturally fantastic....just a little 6 toe heat up.

Good luck....boot fit is the key to great performance....   Gary
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:29:54 pm by Gary »

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 06:58:29 am »
dmccalmont

Welcome to the Real Skiers Site. Where do you ski?

No one who posts here has the new Fisher Vacuum boots, and, few have actually been on snow this winter. The below thread from Epic  Ski is probably the best source of knowledge about the Fisher boots.

http://www.epicski.com/t/100755/2012-fischer-vacuum-ski-boot-a-game-changer/720

My opinion is that a) wait to next year as I just don't like buying high tech in it's first year, and, b) get it done by someone who has done about 100 pair. This will probably be my last year in present boots, and, the Fishers are high on the list of boots to check out.

dmccalmont

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 10:50:28 am »
Thanks for you input Gary.

I'm from Oakland and my local ski shop, California Ski Company, has the Vacuum boots and machine this season.  I currently wear a pair of Salomon Falcon 10s - which I am very happy with - but I am always trying to stay abreast of good new technologies, and the Fischer Vacuum seems like just that.  I ski Tahoe some, but most of my skiing comes from a 2+ week trip that I make to Utah each year.  There I mostly ski Alta, but also frequent to Brighton, Solitude, Snowbird.

Thanks for the link to the epicski thread.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 12:17:07 pm »
For sure you're hitting some nice resorts during the season.

Falcon 10 for sure has received rave reviews. It's so interesting...every time I've got a new boot, I say...wow, never had a boot fit so well.....and wow...the performance edge to edge is outstanding...best I've ever had.

So...maybe there's something to new technology....Fisch er boots have a solid rep. It's worth the time to see what the shop could do for you and maybe having your Falcons with you and having them tell you what more you could expect out of the new boot. Would make for some serious consideration if they could substantiate some significant points.

Best, G