Author Topic: Mtn. bike tire advice needed  (Read 1491 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Mtn. bike tire advice needed
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 09:35:23 pm »
Jim, just an FYI -- if shedding light mud and wet clay is an issue with the Karma or SB8 that Lynn is using, then the Slant Six may work well for her.  They are not as light as the Karma or SB8 (which is actually a good thing for me -- not being quite as light as Lynn  ::), I kinda need a more substantial tire), but at 600 grams for the 2.1 width, they are not heavyweights either -- about average for that size, it seems.  Their rolling resistance is quite low, they have that nice round profile, and NOTHING sticks to them.  They are remarkably good at mud shedding.  Even the wet, dense, sticky clay that coated my old Bontragers with about 10 lbs of muck, just does not hold on these at all.  Not an ounce.  I am impressed.  For the trails around here, this makes them an all season tire for me. 

I had them out today on some dry clay hardpack with sandy patches, and they performed excellently.  Cornering grip is very, very good, and handling in the corners is quick, agile and predictable.

I have yet to try them on really rocky or heavily root littered terrain, but that is coming soon.  Hopefully they perform well there too.  As yet, I haven't found any terrain that they don't do well on.  So far, so good.....

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:45:03 pm by Svend »