Author Topic: Wider Skis for Me?  (Read 1324 times)

bushwacka

• Instructor
  • 400 Posts
Re: Wider Skis for Me?
« on: October 28, 2011, 01:39:14 pm »
just want to spell out some facts....

-"The one" is flat camber underfoot with tip and tail rocked, very very gradual
-Bonafide have camber under foot with tip and tail rocker. Its flip core so the ski has alot more edge grip than other similar skis because its torsional stiffer, while being more eager to be flex since the underfoot camber was pressed into.
-Cochise is flat under foot with tip and tail rocker

Progressing intermediate near colorado

since this is only your second ski I would not go super big. 100ish mm skis with enough length float great really especially now that we have rocker.

So here is my list

"The One" in a 177cm or even 184cm

why you should get the one.

1. its easy to ski in all conditions
2. Its super easy to ski on groomers in fact for some lighter skis it has more edge grip than the stiffer bonafide
3. bumps are stupid easy on it.
4. fun playfully and poppy
5.not wide enough to torque my knees

neutral comments

1. its very lively, not damp at all

negatives

1.flex isnt as round as the "freemountain" line, tail can feel to soft
2.get thrown around in crud alot
3. sucks at charging
4. if the edge are dull at all they suck on eastern hardpack or western spring freeze.

Blizzard Cochise is not your ski yet, its by far the most versatile ski I skied last year, and ordered it in a 193cm but its is not what you want. its a stiff near big mountain comp board made for people who think that other people are lame.

Libery Helix- havent skied them

Icelandtic Nomad - I have skied the 181cm  SFT. the soft could be one of the best non rockered off trail skis ever made. I really like this ski and with unlimited funds and loss of Blizzard sponsorship I could own this.

old review of "the one" on TGR archives I honestly do not think anyone in the country has had more time on that ski than me.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-189378.html

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 02:48:46 pm by bushwacka »