Author Topic: Arrival: Ski Logik Chariots!!  (Read 1639 times)

seskelson

Re: Arrival: Ski Logik Chariots!!
« on: December 02, 2011, 08:08:08 am »
John, good luck.  I bought a pair last year based on the reviews from Peter's website.  Unfortunately I kept them only 3 weeks and sold them. I thought they would be the perfect PMTS fat ski.  They were NOT my cup of tea.  Beautiful skis and well made.  Everyone I spoke to -- Peter Keelty, Ski Logic's chief ski guru at their headquaarters, their top ski rep in Colorado-- all said it was the tune up.  But I had them retuned.  Still no help.  I also had several of my patroller friends ski them.  Same feelings as mine.  The problem was in powder and crud - not on the groomed where you'd expect tune issues.   I also know they have worked on the tune for this year.  My friend is now the local rep in Utah and I'm gong to try his again when he is up here in Idaho this year.  Just to see if there was a difference in one pair.  Great company and I wish them every success.  It may simply be that I prefer a ski not so wide.  (my favorite is the Head M78 which I know you like.  This year I have a new Peak 84 Pro - ).  And in the interest of full disclosure-- I am the local mountain rep for our ski patrol for Head.  I also have two pairs of the Scott Missions ( a new one for this year).  I'm also the Scott rep.  That is a ski that Peter's group only gave luke warm reviews to.  But it has a short radius  and frankly over the last three years has been one of the most idiot proof forgiving and turny skis I have enjoyed.  GReat in powder and crud for me.