Author Topic: Kimmer's Trail Report Stowe  (Read 264 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Kimmer's Trail Report Stowe
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 05:11:01 pm »
Great video Josh.  Loved it! Looks like a really fun, flowing trail.  Esp. liked the bit where your buddy went over the giant boulder.  Very cool!

Being of the intermediate skill species, seems like I could do that trail with only a few sketchy spots to get me clenched up.

May I ask what bike you were riding? Your 29er?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:08:45 pm by Svend »

bushwacka

• Instructor
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 03:03:13 pm »
Great video Josh.  Loved it! Looks like a really fun, flowing trail.  Esp. liked the bit where your buddy went over the giant boulder.  Very cool!

Being of the intermediate skill species, seems like I could do that trail with only a few sketchy spots to get me clenched up.

May I ask what bike you were riding? Your 20er?

This trail is for sure for strong intermediates, they have actually made some of the roll downs easier since the video and note that some of the harder bridges have go arounds. I would have done the boulder but I was way to close to him and feared he may stop on top.

i was riding this.

which stick like glue to the ground going up

going down

and going around

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 04:08:00 pm »

Noticed your wrap around the chainstay??  Recommended for all, or only for advanced?
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

bushwacka

• Instructor
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 04:47:13 pm »
if you chain hits you chainstay then I say do it, it protects the frame. Since switching to 2x10 and shortening the chain the chain slap has gone away quite a bit.

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 09:18:24 pm »
Noticed your wrap around the chainstay??  Recommended for all, or only for advanced?

Jim, if you don't want a full wrap, then you can also put a strip of thick black tape over the top of the chainstay to protect the finish.  Works well also on the underside of the downtube from headset to bottom bracket if you ride over a lot of gravel -- protects from stone chips.