Author Topic: Sterling Valley, VT - pic TR [o]  (Read 383 times)

bushwacka

• Instructor
  • 400 Posts
Re: Sterling Valley, VT - pic TR [o]
« on: July 20, 2011, 01:48:56 pm »
Great pics Josh.  Keep 'em coming.  Looks like a mountain biking paradise there. 

I especially like that you posted pictures of, and talked about, the natural beauty of the area.  It wasn't just all tech talk, or how hard/fast/far/high you rode.  A nice balance of trail description, your ride experience, and what you actually saw in the forest (pic of fungi) or from the tops of the hills (landscape pics).  Well done!

Seems to me that many people in this sport, as in skiing, are out there with blinders on, and never actually SEE anything except their front tire and the trail ahead of it.  Too bad for them, as they miss the point, and miss much of what should be a bigger experience.

Oh, and BTW, I also liked your response to the guys dissing the spandex.  Too funny.  They obviously have never done a three hour trail ride wearing baggies.  Fashion be darned, those things are killers.

thank bud. Truth be told I do alot of riding that is binders on. That is normally training/high intensity riding for short periods of time. On longer ride I am looking to

A. first and foremost find fun trail
B. find cool spots that are other wise hard to access.
C. sometimes see what else is going on.

Without longer riders, it is hard to the shorter ones and vice a versa. They build off each other. long low intensity rides are the building blocks of solid cycling training program.

On the spandex thing, I use to never wear it. I won a pair of bib shorts back when I raced sport in XC, and after trying them for the first time they were so much more comfortable in every way possible. I will never do long XC rides in baggies again. Also you know how my girls will compliment it? lots. I just think alot of guys have beer guts and want to hide that fact or something. My new deal on 'casual" group rider to not look like a some dick racer is to wear board shorts over my bibs. still so much more comfortable than MTB baggy shorts.