Author Topic: Tour de France  (Read 759 times)

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
Re: Tour de France
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 02:18:08 pm »
Andy yesterday for sure proved me(and a bunch of other people) wrong.

Been said a million times, but, "that's why they play the game".....especially in a 21 day bike race.

I've really been impressed with Tom Voekler......the man just does not quit even in mountain terrain which is not his best area of performance. He yellow jersey with great distinction. While he will not win, he is a champion.

Prior to the Alps, I thought the TDF to be too predictable. Team leaders just covered each other, peloton wore down chase groups, sprint finish. More visually spectacular than great racing. But the last 2 days have been wonderful. Andy Schleck showed a lot of guts / brains yesterday with his breakaway.

Cadel Evans seems the intelligent rider who knows what is required to be in position to win on the last day of team racing in the time trial. He knew yesterday that he had to ride down Schleck, today, he knew not to work with Schleck so that he's ready for the showdown tomorrow.

A prediction is that Contador will not ride hard tomorrow as he does not to be on the stand in Paris to hear the nay-sayers. Not the same guy who destroyed the field in the Giro.

Andy or Cadel???? My guess is Cadel, but, if it's Andy then, all I can say is "very well done". Anybody else remember Greg Lemond riding down Fignot to win in a time trial that ended in Paris on the last day? He became a hero that day, lost a lot of the luster over the years.

Monday without the TDF will be a little boring. Here's too all that rode the TDF, better men than I ever was!