Author Topic: Demo Bindings on all Wide Skis  (Read 411 times)

HighAngles

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: Demo Bindings on all Wide Skis
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:55:14 pm »
I have to agree - having an adjustable binding really gives you an advantage in getting your gear dialed in.  I wish more binding manufacturers would take this idea to heart and produce great adjustable bindings. The Tyrolia/Head PowerRail is a great step in the right direction.  Some of the other binding systems can mostly do the job also, but I almost ran out of adjustment room on my new Blizzard G-Power skis.  The problem was that the binding system was mounted for the default midsole mark, but I wanted my mount much farther forward.  I ended up at the very farthest point forward on the adjustment scale for the toe and heel just to get my BoF in the right spot. 

So there is a caveat with some manufacturers (including Head).  I almost ran into the same thing with the Head Chip 78 skis I picked up.  They have the integrated Railflex system and I almost ran out of room on the front of the rails to get the bindings where I wanted them.  I usually mount Tyrolia plates based on my measurements and then I have the ability to go back or forward 10mm to fine tune the position a bit if necessary.  Luckily both sets of my new skis are feeling great where I have the bindings so I lucked out without needing to do anything really drastic.