Author Topic: cycling season has arrived  (Read 1145 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: cycling season has arrived
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 07:06:06 am »
Live on a lake in central Maine. Ice went out today, so spring is coming.

The 'loaf has mid winter coverage with spring conditions. No bare spots yet. Winter weather advisory for several inches of snow over the next 24 hours. The bike continues to gather dust. >:D.

Using both my SS's and monster 78's. Cold enough last Saturday that I used the SS's all day. Having to put in mental energy on which skis to use? ::).

Still putting off the mental energy of compact chain rings vs 53/39 set up....what cluster to use?....clincher vs the tubulars....toe covers vs boots....vest vs jacket.... water vs cytomax....what route has the least amount of sand on the road?..........

Maybe I need to consider a trip to 'the Loaf' next year.? Would feel weird to have the ski season end, and then be able to go up there a month later and ski. Maybe we should consider a "the season is over - NOT" Realskiers trip to Maine next spring.? Highs here in the nation's capitol 80+ today.

I use a compact chainring and a 12-32 cassette on my road bike.? I have a Gore jacket with removable sleeves to address the vest vs. jacket question.? And, for me, water and GuJel.? For wheels, Neuvation (or Zipp 404's in Lynn's case) clinchers and Continental 4000S tires.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:13:28 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."