Author Topic: cycling season has arrived  (Read 1146 times)

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
Re: cycling season has arrived
« on: March 30, 2011, 04:51:08 pm »
In prep for the Epic gathering, I've been out riding for the past month on a paved path alongside a small stream in Philly. It's 17 miles with some climbing, been using my 20 year old Trek cross-trainer. It's a very pretty, tranquil route, although I did find myself in the middle of a running deer herd that happened to cross the path. No cars, no stop signs, no cross traffic. Some horse droppings, but, a little b.s. is just part of life. The path is sheltered from the wind, always a good thing. As a boy, I played in there and it goes right by my high school. Nostalgic.

While the Pa ski areas were open, I would ski one day and ride the next. I think the aerobic part has me as ready for Summit Co. as I can be. Have not been in that altitude for 4 years, so we will see, glad I'm sleeping in Dillon because it's lower. Biking is not as good exercise for the thighs or so my recent skiing trips tell me.

Biking appeals to the introvert in me ,as it just clears my head, and gives me time to muse about all the things going on. Conversations with self can be a good thing. Biking tired is a good tired and I sleep well.

Going to checkout a Craigslist Mtn. bike Saturday. The quiver just may be expanded.