Author Topic: Advice on Volkl Aura & rocker  (Read 2099 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Advice on Volkl Aura & rocker
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:55:40 am »
TB:

Well thought out answers, You answered my unasked question, which was your overall level of ski awareness.
Sounds like the Volkl would probably be a good selection, or anything else in the upper 80's to mid 90's since this is a second ski.

You asked about the Ski Logik.? I have the Ullr's Chariot and I love them, for much the same reason that you describe.? I get powder float from the wide waist while still getting good firm snow performance and short turn radius from the sidecut.? In a future year, as I get better at skiing powder I may want a real powder ski, but for my current mix of skiing they have made me a much better overall skier.? They are a little bit stiff at slow speeds on groomed slopes, but overall I am a big fan.? I wouldn't go any longer in length.? They are a twintip but they don't feel like a short ski.? Excellent stability even at scary fast speeds.

I assume that you have read the other Ski Logik reviews that are here? Midwif (5'4" and 120 lbs) had some comments on the Isis/Rave that she demoed at Vail that she added to the Rave reveiw started by SCSA (a guy).? And which topsheet would you pick to have put on your Isis?  Interestingly, Midwif was skiing faster than she normally does just because of the stability/comfort factor of the Ski Logik.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:03:49 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."