Author Topic: On snow test: Dreamliner  (Read 2051 times)

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
Re: On snow test: Dreamliner
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 06:32:51 am »
I could not agree more on Foam. I just had new liners foamed for my Dodge boots and it just reinforces how great this product is!! As well once foamed they last 300 ski days, which is longer than most will keep their boot shells. Gary if you want a perfect fit (not great or excellent, but perfect) get some Nordica foam liners!! The cost is $350 and it takes about an hour. It hurts for about 5 minutes while you are foaming. I have trouble finding any downside ($350 is more than an intuition liner but you can't compare the on snow performance) to the foam liners and the upside is obvious. It may be hard to find someone that carries them in your area, but you take enough trips to places where they are readily available. I only guarantee one thing, once you ski in them you will never go back. In fact you won't be able to because nothing else will ski this good!!

John,

I hope your daughter is feeling better.

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 12:04:47 pm »

Gary
How about an update on your Dreamliner?

Did the thicker version work out well?

Any comments?

L.
"Play it Sam"

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 05:21:14 pm »
Hey Lynn...

It's like Goldilocks and the 3 bears....it's all about porridge.....

The first liner felt too thin...the thickest liner wouldn't fit into the boot, and the middle liner the toe box was too big..well almost like Goldilocks....

The only problem with the thinnest liner was that the upper cuff was too thin...
So using mans best friend....tape..I put a whole bunch of layers around the upper cuff...and those bad boys are dialed in.

I did have to do a little sanding in the toe box to accommodate the liners toe box but I've got them as comfy as a pea in a pod, a bug in a rug, a ....ok...you get it!  ;D

Lynn...having said all that...I really want to look into the Fischer Vacuum boot when it hits the shops...the process intrigues me....

I still think the Dreamliner is awesome especially the way the tongue contacts the shin...it's so even I have no hot spots and the flex is superb.

Best, G

HighAngles

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 04:39:11 pm »
I'm in the liner market too with my new boots.  Is the new Intuition Dreamliner actually the HD Race or FX Race or is this something totally different that they don't yet have listed on their web site?  I have an extremely tight plug boot type fit (less than 5mm shell fit) and I was leaning toward either the Nordica foam or the ZipFit GARA, but I've been skiing Intuitions for years and they have a soft spot in my heart.  I'm just worried that I wouldn't be able to get them and my feet in my shells at the same time.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 09:26:42 am »
Sorry it took so long to respond....been fighting a nasty viral thing..
Ok...the Dreamliner is totally new...

I ended up keeping the thinnest one and am thrilled with the tongue shin contact and performance...best I've ever had...HOWEVER...

because I have a thin lower leg, I had to wrap the upper cuff with almost a complete roll of hockey tape. (thank you Terryl)

A cheap price to pay for great performance. So if you're not ready to give up your favortie shells...the Dreamliner could be an option. Just be prepared to make a few modifications.
G