Author Topic: Review: Blizzard Magnum 8.1  (Read 1186 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Review: Blizzard Magnum 8.1
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:26:03 am »
Yeah, Tahoe is not great right now. The forecast is for more sun, and essentially spring conditions until the High blocking ridge (whch is preventing the pacific storms) dissipates. Most people are saying that by around 2/10 this should happen and then Tahoe should get pounded with snow. Tahoe is great with fresh snow and it is not great (in fact it can be pretty bad) with old snow and warm temps. Here is the weather service that I trust most forTahoe and you can read what they say:

http://www.snowforecast.com/SquawValleyUSA

Personally, I would postpone if it is easy for you to do so. If you can get here when there is fresh snow, you will have the time of your life!!

I look forward to skiing the MX 78 and the MX 88 and to skiing with you and Phil.

BTW the early word on the Head Peak 84 (new for next year ) is that is an even better ski than the IM78. Now I think the IM 78 is the gold standard in that category (yes, I know I have not skied the MX 78) so I am excited thet the Peak 84 may be the 85mm waisted ski I have been searching for.