Author Topic: Kastle FX94 vs. Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot ski recommendation  (Read 1777 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Kastle FX94 vs. Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot ski recommendation
« on: January 28, 2011, 08:59:18 pm »
Mike: The big appeal of the Ullr's Chariots is the waist width combined with a short turn radius.? For me, that makes it a very versatile ski to lug all the way from Virginia but it doesn't make it a powder ski. You may also want to demo the Howitzer if you are wanting more powder specific performance. I will say for me, there was a lot of difference between a mid 80's waist and the UC's. I had been skiing a Fischer Watea 84 for a couple of years before deciding to gp even wider. Just for that reason you may want to stay in the 80's.

However, I'm a big supporter of finding a ski advice source that you can relate to and/or knows you well as a skier, and it sounds like you have that with your local shop.? Demo the Ullrs Chariot (if they think its a good ski for you) and also demo the MX88 and compare your personal feel to what the shop people say. Make sure they have skied those skis,? ask them their thoughts, that should give you lots of insight about their FX94 recommendation since you can't demo them.? Its a bit unusual for a shop to recommend a ski that they don't have in stock and can't sell (and I mean that in a positive way).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:37:46 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."