Author Topic: Kastle FX94 vs. Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot ski recommendation  (Read 1762 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Kastle FX94 vs. Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot ski recommendation
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:25:44 pm »
Be careful with the FX line because it is designed differently than the MX line. I bought the FX 84 last year. It is a very nice ski but it isn't what I like in a ski. I should have bought a ski in the MX line. The FX is designed for backcountry skiing and they are lighter, have less metal and they are designed for the tips to hook up much slower (and they do!!). If you love the MX 78 you may not love the FX 94. You may be better off with the MX 98 or MX 88.

For me, the lightness was OK, but I was using it inbounds so I didn't need it and I like a heavier ski. The lack of meta was again OK, and the skis were reasonably stable at speed, but they were not unshakable at speed. At the end of the day, the delay in the tips hooking up just drove me crazy. I sold my skis. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautifully made ski and they did a super job of making a ligher but stable backcountry oriented ski. If that is what you are looking for, go for it. If you are looking for a wider MX 78, the FX is the wrong ski.

Jim is the resident expert on the Chariot and I have never skied it so I add less than zero there.

Hope that helps.