Author Topic: Watea 98 review  (Read 2073 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Watea 98 review
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 01:42:22 pm »
One of the things that is wonderful about this country is that if you want to ski slalom race skis on a powder day or Pontoons on an iced up groomer day you can!! I see guys all the time on ultra wide rockered skis on days where it hasn't snowed in a week and I say to myself, what are they finding that I am not? Maybe I should follow them. Maybe they are skiing the truly secret stashes!! Some people just like fat skis in almost all conditions. To each his own.

I will say that I skied my Peak 88's one day when the conditions did not warrantt it IMO. By the end of the day I was really loving the skis. It took me a while to really figure out exactly how to ski them in the conditions I was in. Again by the end of the day I had a new appreciation for the ski.

Having said all this, I am a large quiver guy at heart. I own skis for specific conditions, and I get excited when the conditions seem perfect for the ski that I have for that day. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun on a different ski (one less ideal for the conditions) that day. And that of course is the whole point!! To some degree if you are having fun, then you are on the right ski!!

If I was on the PMTS forum where the whole focus is abouut improving ones PMTS technique, I would say something different. But that is there and this is here!!