Author Topic: Watea 98 review  (Read 1137 times)

LivingProof

  • Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
  • *
  • Posts: 892
Re: Watea 98 review
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 08:34:03 am »

I only skied with you a little but I would recommend you grab a pair of 195 S7's or something at least 115 if you get even 6" or so, 

Ron,

Are you really suggesting that in 6? of pow to leave a Watea 98 in the condo and go rent a 115. My read of the reviews of many 100ish waisted soft snow skis is they are great in those conditions and a lot deeper. It?s your right to advocate for fat skis, trees and pow, but, having one ski that works great 95 percent of the time and figuring it out in the other 5 percent is fine, and fun, for most.

And of course, if your going into deep pow in tight trees, the archer is a lot more important than the arrow.