Author Topic: Bindings pros and cons  (Read 720 times)

Perry

• 6+ Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: Bindings pros and cons
« on: January 07, 2011, 03:32:19 pm »
Just to throw in my two cents, of all adjustable bindings that I have ever used, I would say that the Griffon/Jester adajustables are by far the best. In fact you can make a case that because the Griffon/Jester adjustables are so close to the non adjustables that one should buy those instead of standard bindings. I have never played with them but I think they will give you the ability to move the center point forwrad and back a good degree (probably more than what you get on the Schizo). As I remember you can move both the toe and heel piece a good ways back and forth. Personally I would buy one of these before the Schizo that only lets you move 7mm.

For the price, it is hard to beat the Railflex bindings. 12 din railflex can be had for as low as $100 most of the time of Levelnine. Moves 1.5cm both forward and back. Does raise the height of the boot but I like this as it makes the ski easier to tip. Don't know the power rail other than it is lower stand height and there are no delal on them this season. Next year deals should be plentiful as Head is the worst co out there at protecting their dealers from price discounting.

I actually didn't know that I could move the griffon fore and aft so I have learned something here for future reference.