Author Topic: Moving up to Lange RX 130 pro- thanks Phil!  (Read 1120 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Moving up to Lange RX 130 pro- thanks Phil!
« on: November 15, 2010, 02:27:01 pm »
after 3 seasons on my il moros i have been poked and proded to start looking at some more responsive upright boots (greg, gary phil). i was about to wait another season when i made the mistake of trying on a pair -  instant feeling of being upright and balanced almost like standing in shoes.  I called my local dealer - Phil, boots are on the way.....

Thanks Phil!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Liam

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 200 Posts
Re: Moving up to Lange RX 130 pro- thanks Phil!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 06:55:30 am »
I've tried on a pair of those as well and liked them a lot (I've got skinny calves and a wide-ish fore foot!).

has anyone tried these and the new Scorpion SF 130 (I suspect Phil has-and I wonder what he'd make of each boot)?

Liam

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:11:53 am »
Scorpion is nice, great shell but the liner isn't there yet. It is real close though. The Lange SR/RX and the new Tecnica Inferno series have been the class of the new generation of boots. I could absolutely ski the new Dalbello but I am going with the Inferno. I was intending to get the Lange also but the Inferno fits me over the instep a bit better.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:18:41 am »
well, since the scorpion 120 is only available in a couple of shops in a couple of sizes (final production model may in fact be different) as of right now, they haven't reached the us shores yet. ?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:42:17 am by Ron »

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 08:54:37 am »
Over time all good skiers will convert to a race fit boot. In the end, it is all that will ever produce the performance that any good skier needs and is looking for. Flexon Phil in a Tecnica Inferno. That is a big shift!! My buddy Thor, who has a strong racing background but is also an E width, just got himself into a pair of Dobie Pro 130's. He was skiing the Tecnica Magnesium which ia a wide lasted boot. It just would not perform, but it was comfortable. It was several hours of work getting him into the Dobies, but now he is stoked and hasn't been this happy in boots in years.

I still agree that guys with very wide feet can be problematic in race boots, but if one is willing to put in the time, and the work, even e widths can get a good fit in a race lasted boot.

Ron, I don't know the boot, but my guess is that you will notice much more lateral stiffness and a greater ability to more quickly get the ski on edge. Should be fun!!

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 09:03:24 am »
Congrats Ron....Highly support the boot change. I'm thinking you'll feel immediate performance changes in all conditions.

Phil , it is really nice to see the improved stance and overall fit  new boot manufacturers are incorporating into their boot design.....IT'S ABOUT FREAKN' TIME!

Now if they could add more of the "adjustability" features that Dalbello us using....we'd have a perfect world!

Ron, look forward to hearing your boot review.....and watching you turn them there bad boys!

G

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 09:06:15 am »
Over time all good skiers will convert to a race fit boot. In the end, it is all that will ever produce the performance that any good skier needs and is looking for. Flexon Phil in a Tecnica Inferno. That is a big shift!! My buddy Thor, who has a strong racing background but is also an E width, just got himself into a pair of Dobie Pro 130's. He was skiing the Tecnica Magnesium which ia a wide lasted boot. It just would not perform, but it was comfortable. It was several hours of work getting him into the Dobies, but now he is stoked and hasn't been this happy in boots in years.

I still agree that guys with very wide feet can be problematic in race boots, but if one is willing to put in the time, and the work, even e widths can get a good fit in a race lasted boot.

Ron, I don't know the boot, but my guess is that you will notice much more lateral stiffness and a greater ability to more quickly get the ski on edge. Should be fun!!

I have never owned in a 4 buckle boot, other than for testing. I have been given many over the years but always went back to my Flexons.

2005-Present: Dalbello Krypton, 3 buckle
1985-2005: Raichle Flexon, 3 buckle
1982-1985: Nordica Polaris, 1 buckle
1980-1982; Nordica Comp, 3 buckle
1979: Garmont Ultralite II, 1 buckle
1978: Hanson Excebition, 2 buckle
1977: Dynafit something blue, 5 buckle
1975-1977: rental boots
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:08:16 am by Philpug »

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 09:12:26 am »
I agree with JB....there's so much to say about the anatomical fit of a race boot....including a high density liner that allows the best foot to shell contact if the shell shape matches the riders foot. The results, great quickness and repsonse edge to edge.

Not to worry about the flex because any boot flex can be customized to suit the riders personal needs.

And comfort and warmth is a matter of getting that antomical fit correct...the performance...IMO, unmatched.

G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 11:13:25 am »
the boot is very much in the same vien as the Scorpion 120.

Flex and Fit:Super Stiff Flex (130) High Performance Fit // 97mm Forefoot width // Developed for high performance skiers with narrower forefoot widths in mind, Lange?s unique ?Control Fit? comes to the market with an all new mono injected shell.
Cuff Shape:The new RX shell is built with modern, efficient neutral and upright stance, derived from our Race Department World Cup boots. These feature a 4 degree ramp angle, 12 degree forward lean (16 degree with spoiler), 0 degree medial/lateral stance, and upper cuff of +1.5 degrees.
Materials:The RX is the only boot on the market that employs a Mono-injected 100mm shell. Mono-injection delivers better performance than bi-injection. Anatomical padding is polyurethane injected, and right and left foot specific, since our feet aren?t identical. Saddle stitched seams are also featured to eliminate pressure points and overlapping material thickness. Max grip soles allow maximum traction while hiking or walking to the tram.
Liners:The unique Control Fit liner consists of a true lasted liner, anatomical padding, a one piece toe box, an instep pocket, and saddle stitched seams.
Additional Features:A longer, deeper toe dam provides a tighter seal against moisture and snow. Low profile buckles are 1/3 thinner than in the past, and sits lower to the shell for stronger more precise enclosure. Also eliminates buckle ?boot out?. Last but not least, the new 97mm RX last is developed with high tech 3D imaging systems to most accurately mirror the modern foot?s anatomical shape. This includes innovative fits in the toe box, 6th toe, navicular and instep areas, while maintaining the strong Lange heel pocket.

http://www.bootfitters.com/reviews/2011/2011NarrowReviews.php
ADDED LINK TO MASTERFIT REVIEWS
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:27:12 pm by Ron »

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 08:03:15 am »
Wow Ron.......

You made it sound all so "dirty"!  >:D  love the word "navicular"! I mean wicked......"saddle stiched"....."efficient, neutral and upright"..

I mean come on bro....you could be writting novels!!!!!!  ;D

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 08:05:37 am »
there's something terribly wrong with you.....

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 08:07:16 am »
Hey.....must be the Sicilian!

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 08:08:47 am »
no,,,, I'm Sicilian and am not turned on with foot terminology and references to sewing.......

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 08:12:21 am »
I'm older  ;)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 08:13:18 am »
true, I look forward to such fetishes!