Author Topic: Rum&Sun - ski advice after not purchasing in forever  (Read 662 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Rum&Sun - ski advice after not purchasing in forever
« on: November 02, 2010, 09:54:59 am »
I like that idea. I am skiing it this weekend.

Fred, here is a list of skis that I either own and like, have demoed and liked or am intrigeud by but have yet to demo:

K2 Hardside 98mm underfoot. Most would say not a pure powder ski but i love it in fresh snow
K2 Sidestash 108mm underfoot. Supposedly a wider version of the Hardside. If so should be a great ski and a super powder specific ski that will hold up well later in the day
Atomic Atlas 115m underfoot in the 182cm length. This is darren Rahlves powder ski that he helped design. This like the 2 K2 skis all have a flat tail, which I love.
Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot 101mm underfoot but with a tight truning radius of 15m. Supposedly rails on groomers and at 101 uder foot woll float well in Pow
Moment Belafonte 106mm underfoot, modest tip rocker. Similar to the Sidestash and the Hardside with minimal tip rocker. No hard tail but a twin tip tail.
ON3P Vicik 104mm underfoot, minimal tip rocker, twin tip tail
Kastle MX 98 98mm underfoot, minmal tip rocker, great do everything ski that will ski powder well
Kastle MX 108 similar to the 98 except woder and less gerat on hard snow and better and easier in pow
Line Prophet 115, tip rocker, twin tip tail

All these will ski powder well, but also give you stability and power skiing the chop after everything gets skiied out. All are easy to manuever in trees manily due to the minimal tip rocker which makes turn initiation easier.

Hope that helps.