Author Topic: Rum&Sun - ski advice after not purchasing in forever  (Read 641 times)

rumandsun

Re: Rum&Sun - ski advice after not purchasing in forever
« on: November 02, 2010, 07:02:56 am »
Thank you all for your advice!

My thinking was to look for a ski that is more powder oriented.  My thinking is that I can use my Force 9's for the more mediocre Mammoth days (my experience is Mammoth tends to be icey about half the time and fantastic the other half)  and I am intending on increasing my Utah days.  ;D  If it works out, I will then buy a another ski which is more of a technical ski.

What this discussion as well as looking at ski reviews here and elsewhere has shown me as that the industry, reviewers, and consumers are all over the board (no pun intended  8)) in their perception of what makes an appropriate ski in particular conditions--almost a state of transition if you will.   I suspect that in a few years some of these styles, at least in their extreme, if not repudiated will be narrowed (no pun intended 8) in terms of what is considered an optimal ski for certain conditions.

I tend to be a gadget person so would most likely lean to buy two ski's--an all arounder and a more powder oriented ski.  For the first purchase I am leaning towards the more powder oriented ski but need it to tur decently as I like the steep trees.

Fred

Fred