Author Topic: Fischer Motive 84  (Read 1685 times)

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
Re: Fischer Motive 84
« on: October 14, 2010, 07:41:53 am »
JB et al

The below review of the Motive is from Rocky Mountain Trail Guide.

Fischer Motive 84 C-Line
Type    All-mountain
Length Tested    175cm
Test Conditions    Cold snow falling, soft groomed on piste, 30cm fresh off piste.

Motive is a new all-mountain line that replaces the Heat series of last year. They also feature the new Powerrail binding system that is wider and lower than previous systems to make the most of the ever-growing waists of modern skis. 80mm is the widest in the regular Motive series but this C-Line premium version is a bit wider. Test day conditions allowed real off-piste boot-top powder skiing as well as soft groomed cruising. The impression was of a wide, stable, easy-turning ski that would be perfect for anyone living in a region that gets lots of natural snow. Fischer stability felt great in cruising arcs at speed in light powder or groomed. Even short turns were easy and balanced but this felt like a ski that enjoys longer turns more.

The Bottom Line: C-Line is not available in all markets. That?s a shame because this premium ski delivers a premium ride for intermediate to advanced skiers.

C-Line is a reference to being manufactured in a "clean" room to accommodate certain fibers. Who would have thought!

Just reading the review, it seems that the ski would be more comparable to the Kastle FX84 as a soft snow performer. Your flexing analysis as suitable for harder conditions is not confirmed at least in this one review. Our Tahoe friends should be able to give us a validation in a few weeks.

And, damn it John, you need to get on a pair of MX88's this winter if for no other reason than to get that point of reference established. Get to Tahoe and take Phil's personal pair for a ride. We need the Botti unabridged analysis! As all know by now, I'm not into skis wider than my MX88's because eastern conditions are the preponderance of my skiing, but, I agree that carving above 84 to 88 mm waist skis becomes problematic, at least for my knees. If the Motives are available in Elk's demo this January, I'll be glad to take them for a spin.

Mike
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:44:04 am by LivingProof »