Author Topic: Your "Ski of the Year" story  (Read 306 times)

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
Re: Your "Ski of the Year" story
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 08:11:28 am »
Phil sold them at a consignment sale last summer. I?m still emotionally attached.

I got a little tear in my eye when I read this ;)

The parting of ways with the Vertigo G3:? I was spending time with family one Saturday while Terry went skiing with other friends who were still on straight skis.? He allowed a friend to ski my G3s and she fell in love with them so he sold them to her without talking to me.? You don't want to know how that went down.? :'(

Note to self, ask Snowhot if I am to sell something if I can sell it BEFORE I sell it. Asking permission from her is better than asking forgiveness. Check.

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 09:57:53 am »

That was my favourite ski for a few years but it piqued my interest in learning more about shaped skis and what else was out there.

The parting of ways with the Vertigo G3:? I was spending time with family one Saturday while Terry went skiing with other friends who were still on straight skis.? He allowed a friend to ski my G3s and she fell in love with them so he sold them to her without talking to me.? You don't want to know how that went down.? :'(

And youre still married? ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:01:59 pm by jim-ratliff »
"Play it Sam"

SnowHot

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 100 Posts
    • EpicSki
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 06:36:45 pm »

That was my favourite ski for a few years but it piqued my interest in learning more about shaped skis and what else was out there.

As a matter of fact, no.  :P
Sometimes you just need to let your Bad Self ski!!
~nolo

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 10:33:41 am »

As a matter of fact, no.? :P

gurgle, glump, eerrr.

The sound of Lynn inserting foot down throat. :-[
"Play it Sam"

SnowHot

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 100 Posts
    • EpicSki
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 11:50:14 am »
Lynn there is no need for you to embrace the taste of shoe leather(or boot plastic).
Its all good and has been a long journey to find a place of peace.
Not to hijack this thread, I'll be happy to talk to you about the balance in my life these days when we share a chair lift some day.

This message speaks to me and my
...... when you do the right thing, it will feel good in your body. Your body never lies. When you feel stress in your body, something is out of balance in your life. Restore the balance, and your body and spirit will reflect the rightness of your choice.

Oh and I wouldn't trade my Kastle's for those Vertigo G3's so its all worked out in the end. :)
~nolo

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 01:29:23 pm »
Lynn there is no need for you to embrace the taste of shoe leather(or boot plastic).
Its all good and has been a long journey to find a place of peace.
Not to hijack this thread, I'll be happy to talk to you about the balance in my life these days when we share a chair lift some day.

This message speaks to me and my
...... when you do the right thing, it will feel good in your body. Your body never lies. When you feel stress in your body, something is out of balance in your life. Restore the balance, and your body and spirit will reflect the rightness of your choice.

Oh and I wouldn't trade my Kastle's for those Vertigo G3's so its all worked out in the end. :)

Those Kastles make your body feel riiiiiight  :o

SnowHot

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 100 Posts
    • EpicSki
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 01:46:17 pm »
A take-off on Peter?s Picks (please don't add a certain letter to that >:D)

Tell a story about a ski from your past, that may have been or not been a ?Ski of the Year?, but has some meaning to you. Only ground rule is the design must be on the market for 2 years, so Kastle owners can?t gush, but, Supershape owners, please tell all.

Phil, I can't say, per the rules of the OP.
Sorry Mike......... :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:49:55 pm by SnowHot »
~nolo