Author Topic: New "east coast" skis for Lynn  (Read 1612 times)

SnowHot

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 100 Posts
    • EpicSki
Re: New "east coast" skis for Lynn
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 04:38:26 am »
yeah, the FX line is not intended to be a dedicated groomer ski. It doesn't have the "race" genes the MX series or the RX series have. It's much more for BC or mountaineering skiing.? This was one reason why I still scratch my head at the ratings on that ski and even the new 94. I didn't ski the 94 but to say its a better ski than the 88 is kind of a misnomer.? Better how? at what? I am sticking to the MX88 as my daily driver based on it's performance on and off-piste and the full spectrum of snow conditions.

I still like the FX series even as a frontside ski but for a specific skier but the new LX's took much of that away. The LX is a ski that is greater than the sum of its parts. My son Tyler who skis faster than me, it is his favorite ski too.

JB, that is because we are talking about a ski for Lynn, not you. I will say this is a better ski than the FX84 for its intended purpose.
FWIW, My FX84 quickly became my go to ski last year and I suspect that it will continue to bring me big grins this coming season.  The reference to it being strictly back country may be subjective depending on the skier weight, style and skill.  Although, I tend to find myself looking for off-piste more than groomers.

I'm built quite the same as Lynn and would be a good comparison for her  when looking for a new ski.

I haven't skied the FX74, wonder how that would work for Lynn, perhaps Phil has an idea about that...... but otherwise the LX72 would be my first thought at the beginning of this thread.......but... ......I do have slightly used MX78's that probably won't get much use in my quiver this season. 
Sometimes you just need to let your Bad Self ski!!
~nolo