Author Topic: New "east coast" skis for Lynn  (Read 1580 times)

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
Re: New "east coast" skis for Lynn
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 11:35:02 am »
In another thread, I buried a recommendation for Lynn to look at the Kastle RX70. Major $$$, but, as Ron and I ski demo's that Phil found last year, perhaps he could come up with a short length later in the season.

http://www.kaestle-ski.com/en/product-line/hardgoods/ski-overview/kaestle-rx/#/ski_lengths

I followed, let's say tried to follow, Phil down a bump run at Elk under the twin double , while he was on this ski. He turned them like an olympic bump pro. I also demo'd it that day on the hard Elk snow and just loved it in my typical short radius turns. 70 waist, but, it turns sharper. When I give up the Supershape, this is the ski I want to be on. Greg Merz has a pair but didn't get to ski them much following an injury. Not sure if a woman specific ski is available.

Phill on a Supershape???? I'm still laughing. If he had a choice of skiing a Supershape as his daily driver or moving to moving to Miami, then his recreational bucks would be spent on suntan lotion and Spanish as a second language class. As well as he skied the RX 70, he just shook his head and said not for me. I also have a Blizzard SL that he practically gave away.

But, I'd take my SS's down Tunkahannuk, which is left to bump up, at Elk any day. What I won't do is take my body down major league screwed up bump runs like Bear Mountain at Killington.
Mike,

Not an RX70 fo, but an MX70! That would be a great choice. I think I know of a pair demos of in a 160 w/KT12 (not KTi) flat mount bindings. I know the 160 is a tad longer 1.9" or so than the 155 but it will be a very good price.