Author Topic: New "east coast" skis for Lynn  (Read 1619 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: New "east coast" skis for Lynn
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 09:23:07 am »
Here is Scotts (Dawgcatching) review of the LX 82. I am still looking for Phils wihich I assume is up on Epic. Phil you forgot the link in your post. 

Kastle LX82 176cm: the new line from kastle: still a titanium laminate ski, but with tapered sidewalls and a bit more forgiving feel.  The target customer of this ski is a little lower speed and performance, but still looking for a top-performing ski.  Review: skis like an MX series, but softer, not quite as much stability, not quite as powerful. Very smooth, easy to ski at lower speeds, and stable up to reasonable 30mph or so speeds too.  Very smooth; you just glide over the snow, and it is incredibly damp as well.  You can open up this ski and rip on it, provided you aren?t skiing 50mph. Very responsive, just not quite as aggressive laterally.  It fits into a range such as the Elan Magfire 78ti, K2 Recon, Salomon X-wing Tornado: good skis, but not the expert, top-end ski.  I know a lot of people won?t allow their egos to ski a ?non top-end? ski such as this, but it is a very, very good ski, especially if you aren?t ripping up big arcs all day.   Super responsive, more snap due to the lighter weight: this is going to be a winner. It was also the favorite ski tested of one of our other testers, who would describe himself as a ?terminal high-intermediate/cautious advanced skier?.  He thought it had ?very good grip on the harder snow, and very smooth. Also extremely easy to ski. Best ski I tested, no surprise it was also the most expensive?.  I would concur that this ski will make a lot of skiers happy.