Author Topic: New "east coast" skis for Lynn  (Read 1571 times)

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
Re: New "east coast" skis for Lynn
« on: September 09, 2010, 06:27:11 pm »
a Head SS is one of the last skis I would want to take down Castlerock in ANY conditions. I have some suggesting but you aren't going to like (or listen to) them :P, they don't start with an H (actually one does) or end in a D and have an "eh" in the middle. I guess my opinion isn't valid because I don't charge..soooo.to make my opinion worthy and to make you feel better, send me $20.00 and I would be glad to offer 'Phil's Picks"? ;D ;D ;D

Gee, which PP are we gonna follow? (all puns intended).

Phil, YOUR bias is showing. As Jim has already said, we both own a pair of Fischers and Heads.
Oh, and you and I have the Volant Powerkarves in common past history. Good reviews. Not great skis.

I remember Diana Rogers (HH's significant other) favoring Elan skis at my first camp with them.

So, please move on from your assumption that we are closed minded. No such thing.

However, without being able to demo skis,? like many of you do (more ski days and more trips west), we rely on reviews
from reputable sources. Of which there are few. Especially for primarily EC skiers.

So, NO $20 for you. Give it up or suck it up mister!! ;D ;) ;D

PS. I did the best going down MiddleEarth on my iC160's. Soft enough and quick enough for that run!
Not done with any particular elegance or grace though. :-[
"Play it Sam"