Author Topic: New "east coast" skis for Lynn  (Read 1623 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: New "east coast" skis for Lynn
« on: September 09, 2010, 08:42:44 am »
I would get the original SS's. My wife is an advanced intermediate skier. She has solid skills and good technique and she can occasionally edge lock carve some turns. Usually there is a slight brush in each turn. On groomed terrain she is a solid skiier. I got her a pair of the SS's (pre KERS) and she absolutley loves them. Her skiing quickly went to a new level with them. I really don't think you can beat them for a hard snow carving ski that will give the proper feedback for improviing ones skills and technique. There is a pair on Ebay in a 160 for $488. Not great but as good as I have seen. My wife is 5 6" and 120 lbs. and she is skiing the 160's.

You wnat to make sure with whatever carving ski that you get that it is sandwich construction. It makes all the dfference in feel and feedback. Not all the female versions of Head skis are Sandwich.

The other ski that I now from Peters revies (jave never skied them) and often there are pretty good deal on them are the Dynastar Contact Groove. This is Dynastars version of the Head SS. It looks like an excellent ski.

I will also tell you that after going to more GS oriented TR skis the past couple of seasons, I had a real eye opener getting on the new Head SS's. The tight TR gives feedback so qiuick that is unavaialble on wider TR skis. My skiing soared from the feedback. I would definitely get a tight TR skis like the SS or the Contact Groove. I wrote about this in detail on the PMTS forum. The link is below if you care.
http://pmts.org/pmtsforum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2859