Author Topic: Realskier Ski of the Year: The Chariot!!!  (Read 3016 times)

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
Re: Realskier Ski of the Year: The Chariot!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 09:16:12 pm »
Phil you do reaize that the numbers are what testers are writing down? The numbers are totally subsjective as well. As well he puts up the big disclaimer that the skis of the year are subjective and NOT the highest scoring ski.

I think we all could think of things that we might do better or different if we were running Peter's site. Having said that another superior alternative does not exist. Yes demoing skis is the best but where else can you get a reasonably consistent viewpoint on a large number of skis. And whether you like his criteria and or his approcah in reviewing skis, he has been quite consitent with what he finds and highlights as great skis (admitting his weakness in big mountain powder skis). Hey for $20 a year I still find it to be of way more value than any reviews? I read elsewhere. The ski mags are a complete joke!!

I find it funny that one persons subjectivity outweighs a group of tester...seriously quality testers. I personally have a problem with number testing anyway. Again, I won't get into what a review SHOULD be..until I can produce it.  ;D