Author Topic: Realskier Ski of the Year: The Chariot!!!  (Read 2974 times)

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
Re: Realskier Ski of the Year: The Chariot!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2010, 08:36:13 am »
Hey Phil we are all ears. Not sure there is way to do it without the subjective input of testers. I think if you look at anyone that does a good job with reviews (including Peter and Sierra Jim in your shop) they all try to look at the ski from a prerpective other than their own and imagine and or sense what this ski would be like for someone with less skill, or with other or differnt skills than they have. This as we all know is impossible for anyone to truly know, but good reviewers that are trying to help people select good skis and the right skis find a way to imagine this and communicate it. I think ski reviewing is an art and not a science. Few have matesred the art. Peter and Sierra Jim do as good a job as anyone IMO.

John, there is a tremendous amount of subjectivity, infact, Peters whole review system is based upon it. My point is, one person's opinion shouldn't out weigh ALL the others...combined.

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2010, 08:45:07 am »
Agreed but when you are King of your own fiefdom, you can pretty much do what you want!!. I like hearing his picks. Mayybe he shouldn't call them skis of the year but rather Peters Picks.

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2010, 10:29:25 am »

Peter is pretty up front about how the reviews are arrived at and the difference between those and "Picks of the year".
Might be useful for him to actually call it "Peter's Choice" or other eponymous title.
L.

/quote]
Agreed but when you are King of your own fiefdom, you can pretty much do what you want!!. I like hearing his picks. Mayybe he shouldn't call them skis of the year but rather Peters Picks.

Nicely alliterative ;D
I think that's the right title!

Now all that has to happen is Peter deciding we are all correct of our ?analysis? of his ski reviewing system vs choice of the year decision and implement.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:54:06 pm by jim-ratliff »
"Play it Sam"