Author Topic: Realskier Ski of the Year: The Chariot!!!  (Read 3018 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Realskier Ski of the Year: The Chariot!!!
« on: September 07, 2010, 04:18:21 pm »
Here is his disclaimer for the 2007 picks.? I bolded part of his paragraph, since its sort of pertinent to me and the UC.

For the record:

Harald (Harb), John (Clendenin) and I ski primarily on Head skis, although I do get to try dozens of skis from all brands during the course of a season. The point is that none of us is sponsored monetarily by Head. We ski Heads from preference, not because they compensate us. It's a matter of choice.

It should therefore be small surprise that 3 of our nine picks are Heads. Two are from Fischer and this short list also includes one model each from Elan, Nordica, Salomon and V?lkl. Where, we expect to be asked, are the Atomic's, K2's and Rossignol's?

The short answer is that because we depend on suppliers neither for ad revenue nor access to test skis, we have no need to "take care of everyone." We select Skis of the Year based on personal experience and real-life feedback from real skiers.

As with any review, this should be a guide and not the final word. Skiers who take anyone's word without trying before buying, do so at their own peril. That said, here are our choices for "best of the best" 2007.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:13:57 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."