Author Topic: Xtra! Xtra! Read all about it!  (Read 359 times)

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
Xtra! Xtra! Read all about it!
« on: August 31, 2010, 05:51:21 pm »
 Well, with everyone thinking about buying a new pair of skis, yours truly
pulled the trigger on............drumr oll...........

NEW BOOTS! :o :o :o

Yes, you heard it here first.

The days of grunting, groaning, moaning and complaining about those gray Heads are OVER!!
Old stories from Beaver Creek will have to be put to rest. ::) ;)

Last year at Harb Camp I asked what boots were around that would fit my narrow, low volume foot.
I kept my eyes open, as they weren't the more commonly seen ones.

Tried a few here and there. Then at Aspen, got into a pair of the Nordica Hot Rod 115. Did the shell fit. Excellent.
Put the liner back in. Quite snug, but not painful. Getting in and out do-able. The only drawback? The $825 price tag.

Kept an eye out. But Jim kept a better eye out.
AND courtesty of Phil's new association, I am the proud new owner of these babies.
At a most excellent price. (thank you Phil).

Now I can invest in "tweaking" these to my alignment!

Okay, back to what new skis you all are gonna get this season........ ;D ;D ;D

Lynn

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 05:57:23 pm by midwif »
"Play it Sam"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Xtra! Xtra! Read all about it!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 06:30:43 pm »

The days of grunting, groaning, moaning and complaining about those gray Heads are OVER!!
Old stories from Beaver Creek will have to be put to rest. ::) ;)

Nope, don't think so.? Some things are too funny to ever let die out!!? ?>:D >:D ;D :o
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:35:45 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:40:41 pm »
Congrats Lynn!! We spend so much time talking about skis. It is obvious but sometimes forgotten that without dialed in boots the best skis in the world will add little value. There really is nothing like boots that fit like a glove that are also comfortable. This should propel you this season. I look forward to hearing about it!!

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 05:07:30 am »
You are quite welcome. I appreciate that you appreciate a deal. Boots are on their way. If you (or anyone else) need anything else, I am glad to help.

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 05:28:31 am »
Lynn,

In another thread, I remember you stated that if you had some extra bucks, then you would buy shoes! Well, boots are shoes! ::)

Enjoy, fellow Nordica skier! Now you may want to consider some nice Intuition liners  ;)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 06:45:45 am »
AWESOME! great boot and so pretty too!

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 07:52:53 am »
Congrats Lynn...I  know how you've struggled with ski boots ever since we met and like Jim said....there were some memorable "boot on and off" momments.

Wisely done with a good shell fit and now the "11/2" ski seasons to dialthem in....at least that's what it takes me. BUT....all SOOOO well worth it. The feet is where its at! It will be interesting to hear your first on snow review with the new boots on...can't wait.

Keep us posted on your road traveled getting them fitted.....BTW..who is doing the fit?

As far as new skis for me....nope, but Alice just get her Atomic Heaven N' Hells mounted up and ready for pow...she can't wait.

All the best and nice get!

G

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 09:36:39 am »
You might be a gaper or ski in a race plug... but sooner or later you will buy from the Philpug

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 10:01:05 am »
Not sure if that's a threat or a promise! ;D
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 10:05:38 am »
dogma...... ;D

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 10:10:19 am »

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 10:18:48 am »

Hmmm.  I like it.

So I might be logical or just have the ski bug, but eventually I too will buy from Philpug??

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 10:47:53 am »
it falls under the theory that even in parallell universes, the ulitmate outcome is the same, rivers may diverge but end up in the same ocean......  OK, zen lesson for the day.  To remain empty of all prejudgements is the path to enlightenment ("poor in spirit" in Christian doctrine) so to understand that there's no point in establishing a preconception of Phil but to only succumb to the enevitable is so much easier.......  like the diverging rivers, your money will still flow into his hands.... ;D

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 11:51:36 am »
And like the diverging rivers, this is getting pretty deep.

By the way Ron, you get partial credit for Lynn's boots.? I followed your link to Phils store and, while i was there, decided that I should remember to check for Nordica boots for Lynn.? Hers was one of the few Hot Rod 115W sizes remaining, according to the web site, and all became history when she got off work the next morning.? As is obvious, she is very excited about not having to do the Heads anymore.? The Nordica's fit so well (even with a very tight shell fit) out of the box that I tried to talk her into buying them at retail a couple of times, but the 'shopper' in her would have none of that.

By the way, for any that don't know the story, this is not an indictment of Head ski boots.? Lynn has a long but very narrow foot.? The Nordica 115W is a 98 mm last in a moderate flex boot, which was not available 6 years ago in much other than race stiff boots, so her boot fitter took a 103mm last and "made it fit".? Once in them they fit well, getting in and out of them was a challenge that was always painful and sometimes required assistance.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:05:00 pm by jim-ratliff »

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 12:30:50 pm »
you wear what fits the best- then work from there.  Good job, they are really nice boots. Now go buy the bindings from phil....