Author Topic: Head Power Rail bindings for 100mm skis  (Read 1555 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
I bought a pair of Look PX 14 XXL's on sale a year or so ago and I never mounted them on anything. They are sitting in the garage waiting for a 100-110mm waisted to ski. I have never noticed the weight of a binding while skiing, only while carrying. For resort skiing I pay no attention to the weight of the binding. Actually for resort sikiing a heavier binding that has metal in I think is preferable in that it holds up better. Usually 12 din bindings have more plastic and therefore are lighter. If you are hiking and carrying your skis, weight makes a difference.

BTW I would not use dukes as your every day resort binding. The piece that the binding connects to is all plastic. All over TGR where guys are skiing dukes 100-150+ days per year guys are complaining about the plastic chipping and the binding becoming problematic. The guy that mounted my first pair pointed all this out to me and said "don't use these bindings all the time in a resort setting because they will wear out on the plastic". I don't ski mine enough to worry, but it's not designed as a resort binding and should not be solely used as one. Great for skinning though!! Also ramp angle is flat so it is a slightly different feel.