Author Topic: Head Power Rail bindings for 100mm skis  (Read 1514 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
I will throw in my two cents. To me the schizo is a great idea but it falls short because your max movement is something like 7mm. That 's not very much I would not pay up for that amount. I will say that the only pair of skis I tried with Jetsers I really liiked the binding. Railfex bindings allow 1.5cm in each direction which is better than anything else out there. It is also the easiest binding to travel with because you can slide it right off, and if you travel with two pairs of skis both with railflex plates and bindings you need only travel with one set of binders. The negative on the Railflex is the stand height. It's lilke having a lifter on a powder ski. Many don't like this. I actually find it easier to get them on edge especially on harder snow. If moving the binding 1.5cm in each dircetion is real important, the railflex is the answer as the perceived negative on stand height is more than offset with the ability to move the center point.

I buy all my bindings cheap. Last years bindings are as good as this years. I generally buy 14 din bindings because when I set them on 9 or 10 I am about in the middle. You can buy Mojo 15 bindings right now at Levelninesports for $139. The brakes are around 100mm wide and will work fine for a 101mm waisted ski. IMO that's all you need unless you want to go railflex for the flexibility on moving the binding.

I personally think bindings are a commodity, with one exception, the old Markers did suck. Solly, Tyrolia and Look all make super bindngs. Buy to be in the middle on din and buy them cheap!!