Author Topic: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot  (Read 7715 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2010, 10:05:26 pm »
Excellent!!

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2010, 06:41:06 am »
cool, but hwy in Florida? And most importantly, no psycho-analysis would be complete without copias doses of mind atlerning drugs..... do tell????   ;D ;D ;D

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2010, 07:58:53 am »
Hey Joe...would love to see those bad boys in Steamboat....look forward to it!

AND Lynn...Jim's with you I'll bet.......cause he's stated often that you provide all the Therapy he ever needs!

So did he bring his Chariots with him?  ;D

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2010, 08:18:01 am »
cool, but hwy in Florida? And most importantly, no psycho-analysis would be complete without copias doses of mind atlerning drugs..... do tell????? ?;D ;D ;D

AND Lynn...Jim's with you I'll bet.......cause he's stated often that you provide all the Therapy he ever needs!

So did he bring his Chariots with him?? ;D

Well Guys,
You may remember that Jim was in Vietnam. Spent most of his time there patrolling in the mountains around Da Nang (sp?).
The group would come back to the "hooch" which Jim describes as a partially underground large room with a ceiling made of sand bags.
And while our Jimmy did not actually "inhale" with purpose, there was no escaping the unrecycled air scented with the indolent sweet smell of..........

So you know, flashbacks, paranoia, ski hallucinations are all mixed up in there.

I have been trying to set him straight with quality beer and full bodied red wines.
The alternative chemical therapy appears to be working with occasional setbacks.

Alright. Jim is visiting the grandkids in Florida. No internet for him this weekend!
And he had a whole lot of fun making up Jbottis "uncharacteristic"!
 review!

Clearly, what this all highlights, is some of us just need to get on the snow.
Snowatella tonight!
L.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:20:14 am by midwif »
"Play it Sam"

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2010, 08:29:02 am »
Looking at Facebook (yeah, yeah, yeah),
I realized from some entries that today is Veterans Day.

So, I would like to pause in the silliness to say THANK YOU to all who have served, whether
voluntarily or as in Jims case, because he was drafted.

At least Jim made it back and feel that what he learned, both there and while recovering in the army
hospital, made a huge difference in his life.

Lynn
"Play it Sam"

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2010, 08:05:15 am »
I'm a little bit short on time, having just gotten back from skiing the most awesome ski I have ever had the pleasure of stepping into, as well as time spent skiing two different pair of uber boots.? Perhaps more to come later, but the Ullr's Chariot is one awesome ski.? Long turns, short turns, slow turns, fast turns, all are within reach of the casual competent skier.? Obviously I didn't get much chance to demo or evaluate them in deeper snow, but if they handle deeper snow as well as they handle hard and soft groomers then this is as good a ski as represented.? I wasn't impressed enough to buy a pair on the spot, but it is still a possibility.? Sorry I don't have more detailed information, but I was really strapped for time what with the new boots and just getting used to being on the snow again.

J

[

Most awesome ski you ever skied but wasn't impressed to buy it... ???

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2010, 01:02:07 pm »

Most awesome ski you ever skied but wasn't impressed to buy it... ???

Phil,
It was a fake review.
No skimming of this thread allowed! :D

L.
"Play it Sam"

Perry

• 6+ Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #247 on: November 29, 2010, 05:19:52 pm »
So Jim,
when can we expect a real review?  Call me very curious ;D

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #248 on: November 29, 2010, 08:13:24 pm »
Our first ski day is Colorado on Dec. 9th and I've decided to take the UC's since they've had some snow.? Will try to post something that evening while Lynn is having her boots fitted.

I will say that the owner of the ski shop where I took the UC's to have bindings mounted has commented several times on what good looking and well made skis they appear to be.? Even some of his longtime suppliers and customer reps with lots of time in the business find them quite striking.? Common comment is that they look like $1200 custom skis.? Of course, that is all "hot stove" stuff in the ski shop and not on the ski slopers.

Pretty sure that you should have the longer size, not the 178's that I have.

And I would like to offer a HUGE Thank YOU to Jbotti for letting me get them on the snow before him.? ?>:D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 08:19:39 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2010, 08:36:19 pm »
Jim, I would love to hear your thoughts. I am feeling pretty set in the 100-110mm range in my quiver. Last week I bought a pair of Icelantic Shamans off the Clymb for $349!! I already have bindings for them so it is very little out of pocket for a ski I may love. TR on the 184's is 18m, which is substantially less than the TR on other skis I ski that are less wide. Max 501 from the PMTS forum loves these skis espcially in PNW cement or Sierra cement. When I combine these with my K2 Hardsides, I feell pretty covered for almost any amount of powder. As you know I am skiing skinnier skis in pow in MT because the snow is nice and light. We will see.

I may still try to get on a pair of the Chariots later in the season. Still not sure why Dave didn't repsond to my emails on my visit in November.

Amazingly, I still have  almost half the funds in my paypal kiddy from selling a bunch of skis last year. I guess this means theroetically that I can still buy the Chariots and still have some pocket change in the account!! I would have to be wowed. I remember the last ski that Peter said was fantastic, and I bought it and it did not live up to his billing (the Kastle FX 84). I think I will stiill wait to demo the Chariots.

Looking forward to the review!!

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2010, 08:06:07 am »
Jim, I would love to hear your thoughts. I am feeling pretty set in the 100-110mm range in my quiver. Last week I bought a pair of Icelantic Shamans off the Clymb for $349!! I already have bindings for them so it is very little out of pocket for a ski I may love. TR on the 184's is 18m, which is substantially less than the TR on other skis I ski that are less wide. Max 501 from the PMTS forum loves these skis espcially in PNW cement or Sierra cement. When I combine these with my K2 Hardsides, I feell pretty covered for almost any amount of powder. As you know I am skiing skinnier skis in pow in MT because the snow is nice and light. We will see.

I may still try to get on a pair of the Chariots later in the season. Still not sure why Dave didn't repsond to my emails on my visit in November.

Amazingly, I still have? almost half the funds in my paypal kiddy from selling a bunch of skis last year. I guess this means theroetically that I can still buy the Chariots and still have some pocket change in the account!! I would have to be wowed. I remember the last ski that Peter said was fantastic, and I bought it and it did not live up to his billing (the Kastle FX 84). I think I will stiill wait to demo the Chariots.

Looking forward to the review!!

In hindsight, the FX was not the ski for you, you are too big and strong for it. I do like it for its application., I want to get you on a MX88..but is the 178 too short and the 188 too long?

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2010, 08:13:14 am »
john what is your height/weight?

184 shaman is a LOT of ski, hold on tight!

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2010, 09:28:51 am »
john what is your height/weight?

184 shaman is a LOT of ski, hold on tight!

LOL at and to myself after reading the above. That's in no way a knock at Ron's comment, it's a stark realization that I'm such a noob when it comes to today's powder skis and the correct size. I don't have a clue where to begin. Somewhere in the bucket of things that need to get done is to acquire first hand knowledge. What a nice problem to have.

Need to get some powder ski OJT from Phil and Snow Hot when I visit Tahoe. I failed my first fling at Jackson last year, so, I need to try, try again.

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2010, 12:28:44 pm »
Phil. I w0uld ski the MX88 in the 178 length because it would not be my powder ski. The MX 98 I would definitely want in the longer size.

As for the 184 Shamans, we will see. I only knew one thing, the 173's were definitely too short especailly since this will be a deep snow ski. Length wise, I ski longer skis. If it is real stiff and burly, so be it. I am not really sure what to expect.

Looking to get to Tahoe a few times before we head to MT over the holidays. Will call and see if you are available to slip away Phil.

Perry

• 6+ Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2010, 12:30:40 pm »
Pre - review bump, b-day boy!!!!!