Author Topic: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot  (Read 7761 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 01:19:49 pm »
climbing yes, for sure! 

I like a solid feeling ski but I don't think its mutually inclusive of being heavy. The icelantics for instance are pretty lightweight but very solid feeling. OTH, I agree that a light, "tinny" ski just doesn't seem to be as stable or have that 'feel" I think we're all talking about.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Dodge Boots
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2010, 09:35:23 am »
The "Dodge Boot" series of posts has been split off and moved under the Boots section.

Signed: A moderator.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:16:50 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2010, 10:18:56 am »

Just wanted to say that I went ahead and ordered a pair of the Ullr Chariots. 
I'll give a fuill ski report based on hand flexing and torsion testing later in the month.  ;D ;D

And, as Ron so aptly put it, I too have made mistakes in the past and will again in the future. 

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2010, 10:46:43 am »
Hey congrats and which topsheets did you pick?

Can you order me a pair of Howitzers in the indian pipe design?   ???

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2010, 10:49:07 am »
Hey congrats and which topsheets did you pick?

Can you order me a pair of Howitzers in the indian pipe design? ???
Congrats??? Hope so.? Too intrigued to pass up.? >:D >:D? If not, I'll hang them on a wall somewhere.
My style and fashion department (Lynn) confirmed my preference for the "Elvira" artwork.? I liked the fact that both skis make a single picture, which is also what I really admired about the Hart ?Pulse? that you were consulting/involved with.?

Wellll, I "could" order you a pair with that topsheet, but probably would work better if YOU cut me out as a middleman.? ;D ;D Time to call PhilPug.
If you're serious (but I believe there is a pair of Keeper's in your future),? ??? I assume you know that you can order any of their skis with any of their topsheet designs, and they are now showing a new Tiger design on their webpage??
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:45:47 am by jim-ratliff »

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2010, 10:52:45 am »
Jim, what TS's did you order? 

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2010, 11:46:58 am »
Jim, what TS's did you order?
Posted above.? You were too quick, I posted before I could finish the whole thing, and then went back to edit in the rest.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:01:52 pm by jim-ratliff »

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2010, 12:10:12 pm »
all are very cool and congrats!  I have the new Keepers right now. I will ski them and see how they do. Sticking with the 88's and Keepers for now. I will ski them in December and then go from there. I am hoping they prove to be versitile and quick enough for tighter trees. They should be pretty good just based on the fact they have a fair amount of the tip rocker and modest tail rocker. Time will tell!

BUT more importantly, those are some beautiful ski's and I am anxious to see some pics of the rocker profile and actual taper on the tip/shovel. 

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2010, 12:15:51 pm »
Congrats. I am glad that smeone else was first with the Keelty induced impulse purchase this year. I usually win that prize. As I said in the other thread, I will have these out on snow in early November. I will post my view and Harald Harbs view because he will try these as well as we are skiing together. I will also test drive the Howitzers as well.

Jim, sure seems like you are buying some awesome skis. Congrats and enjoy!!

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2010, 01:21:17 pm »
Jim, sure seems like you are buying some awesome skis. Congrats and enjoy!!
We can only hope, but thanks.? :) It's like an unopened Christmas present, not sure whether you'll like what's inside or not. ;D ;D So Lynn was picking on me a bit, asked me if I planned on getting these in, putting them in the corner to look at for a few weeks, and then selling them?? Or did I actually plan on skiing them??

JB:? Unless they get a lot of snow early out west (not consistent with SnowHot's posted prognostication) it will probably be January before I ski them.? Early December trip may be to Vermont (cause East coast get early winter) and then a January trip to Utah (or Colorado if Lynn's new boots are needing a lot of attention).?

She needs to ski them a few days first to see what develops, but is very hopeful that not much will be required.? She shell-fit herself at 23.5 when the store guy measured her at a 25, but the boots still felt amazingly comfortable (considering) in both length and width.? Only time will actually tell, but bound to be a dramatic improvement.? I'm almost sorry that her new-boot joy is getting lost amidst the new ski and boot and binding stuff.? I am strongly leaning towards the power rail bindings, but want to physically see them at a local store before I too buy from Philpug.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:43:18 pm by jim-ratliff »

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 09:13:59 pm »
Ullr's Chariot follow-up.? Here's what the graphics on my ski may look like.? I wanted something unique that was easily identifiable to help keep the skis from walking away.? Initially I was going to put on my name, but thanks to others' comments about the effects that would have on potential resale, I decided to use "Gandalf" a name that I have used in various computer contexts since I read "The Hobbit" some 30 years ago.? Here is the picture of how they suggested integrating that into the topsheet as a Tattoo on "Elvira's" arms.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:03:36 pm by jim-ratliff »

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2010, 10:01:07 pm »
Awfully sweet!! No matter how they ski you will love those skis!! I can feel my itch a brewing. I am still committed to demoing. Enjoy those Jim, they are awesome!!

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2010, 05:08:45 am »
those are so beautiul that in the unlikely event you dont like them, they will look very nice on a wall or over a fireplace!

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2010, 07:47:03 am »

Actually, thanks to Ron that won't be the artwork.  He had a better idea!!

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2010, 07:56:07 am »

Actually, thanks to Ron that won't be the artwork.? He had a better idea!!

Gandolf,
I liked that artwork. Suggestive figure of a woman, at least to my eyes. Cool on you!