Author Topic: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot  (Read 8221 times)

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
Re: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2010, 01:14:11 pm »
In a market that is easily 100X the size of the ski industry, Porsche is also selling a lot more than 600 cars!! But I understand your point.
Yes, a non-fact based point, but I also assume that Porsche sells more than 60,000 cars worldwide.

I too was very surprised by Phil's Kastle numbers in light of the price acceptance by people at Aspen last year and the technical acceptance of people on Ski Forums.? I was amazed to see places with Kastle's in their rental fleet!

So Phil, was the point of your post directed at the SkiLogik product line, or your general awareness of just how difficult it is to penetrate the ski market.

My point was a couple of fold.

* Peters reviews have very little effect on a particular ski sale as a whole, his penetration is minimal if you look at the whole industry.

* Ski Logik, while a neat product has little or no distribution, advertising or marketing program

* When i approached Ski Logik at SIA, they had no terms set up and do demo program to get into a shop.

* The Lunatic fringe that is here, Epic and TGR while talk a big game do not pay the bills of shops and manufacturers. Joe and Jane Skier still deal with the devil they know.

* Just because it is said here, does not make it so