Author Topic: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot  (Read 8059 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2010, 09:06:38 am »
I totally disagree with your assertion that its either tips or tails, I don't initiate with the tail, I initate underfoot with ankles, knees using only the desired angles needed, stacked with my body movng through the turn in conjunction with a strong counter :no need to drive the tips and overtip the ski and then regulate it back to the desired angle. Hopefully gary will read this.   A wide ski requires far less tipping to realize the same effect of a narrow ski tipped; its just basic physics. Much more surface area in 3-D conditions.  Like a rudder of a ship; you can have a thin rudder and have to turn it much more to affect the turning of the ship since it has limited contact with the water or you can have a much wider rudder that will require less of an angle to have more contact with the water to have much more torque and turning power.  No need to over tip the wider rudder, its not needed; so I am not saying to ski on the tails, there just is no need to drive the tips; intiate from underfoot, since that is the strongest part of the ski and provides the most energy. Especially with powder skis where the tips are very soft (not to mentioned rockered where they little snow contact; wasted energy) and don't transmit much energy, intiating underfoot tramsits the most energy and maintains the most contact. In rockered skis the underfoot area acts as a pivot point with little Runing length in the tip/tail.