Author Topic: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot  (Read 7716 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2010, 01:54:01 pm »
Ron, there are two ways to start a non carved turn. One is with tip engagemnet at the beginning usimg tipping movemenst in the feet to initially engage the skis and get them on edge and then allowing them to brush as you ask the ski to turn tighter than it's radius. This is the way I attempt to ski all the time. The other way is to slide and or pivot the skis first and then engage them after they have been pushed somewhat sideways. I agree rocker is designed to make it easier to slide the skis sideways in the very beginning of the turn. Since my aim is to avoid doing this in my skiing, it's obvious why I don't like rocker. As well the wider and straighter that the ski gets the harder it is to engage it early in the turn using tipping forces with the feet.

So it's obviosu why the widest ski that I currently ski is 98mm. Again I do think there may be a nice 110mm ski out there that would be great and fun in 2 feet plus days. Not sure if I need them.

Great review on the chariot!! Nice find and thanks for posting it. It sounds like it is exactly what I am looking for. This does look like the PMTS powder/big mountain ski.