Author Topic: My new Ibis...  (Read 495 times)

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
Re: My new Ibis...
« on: July 16, 2010, 05:27:37 am »
Ron,

Nice ride! This fall we need to do a ride so I can check it out, and, of course, do a test ride. I?m really glad that you took the Trek out to the ?boat and did some baseline riding in real mountain conditions before making the new buy. Just like skis, nothing beat the experience of being in the saddle climbing and descending. 26 vs 29 bikes is all about trade-offs, so now you have what works for you, and, not for someone else. Smart!

Ron gave me heads-up and dibs on buying his Trek Fuel at a great price. While I?m not a Mtn biker, as I have limited access to the terrain, it was a tough decision to pass on. I did buy a $ 4 mountain bike at a garage sale a few weeks ago. Yes, 4 bucks. Older Giant with a better Shimano system. The joke many be on me because I did not check out the seat adjustment and the seat post is frozen. Efforts to-date to have not freed it.

Premium group?s are pretty hard to justify. The cost to benefit ratio just does not work for this rider/value shopper. I suspect that good part of the $3K upgrade cost would have delivered an upgraded wheel set and it can real crazy looking at the cost of premium wheel sets. The next upgrade to my road bike is better wheels.

Enjoy it and ride it like hell!