Author Topic: Head iM78  (Read 1645 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Head iM78
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 10:43:05 am »
LP, this is my opinion and it is a reflection of my skiing level and preferences. Let me also say that I have not skied the MX78. MX88 or MX98. I did own the FX 84 and I iwll tell you that both the Head IM 78 and the Head Peak 88 are substantially better skis for me, and I will also say that it is not even close. The IM78 is such a great ski, that I have trouble believing that the MX 78 could be much better, but we will have to wait for a demo on this. I have a friend who owns the IM 78, is an excellent skier, and has skied the MX78. His comment was that the MX 78 had a very slight edge on hard snow vs the IM 78 and that the IM 78 was better off piste than the MX 78. He called it a toss up, and was absolutey sure that he would not pay the additional $'s for the MX78 because he saw no real uptick in overall performance and/or verstaility vs the IM 78.

Harald Harb has also skied the MX78 and he loved the ski. When I asked his opinion vs the IM 78 he said the same thiing that my other friend said.

Now that Head has changed the Peak series, the Kastle MX line has sudenly gotten more attractive, but vs the old Monster/Peak lineup, I am not so sure.

Of course I will tell you all what I think when I demo all the skis in January out in MT.

I know that Ron thinks the IM 78 is boring, but if you ski the IM 78 with big tip pressure on every turn, it is nothing short of exciting. It can and will pop you off the ground it has so much energy and rebound. Maybe the MX 78 has more. We will see.

Again, this is my opinion and it reflects my skiing and my preferences.