Skis and Gear Discussion > Skis 4 Me -- Suggestions or Advice??

Groomed ski recommendations for a friend of mine

(1/2) > >>

jim-ratliff:
A friend of mine bought the Head EveryThang (aka EveryOne) as her one ski quiver a couple of years back. Dimensions: 156cm, 122-72-106.? She has been very happy with this ski, but now feels that the addition of a Fischer Maunga (124-84-109) to her quiver provides her so much soft snow versatility that she is considering replacing the 72mm "midfat" with a narrower carving ski, such as the Head Perfect One.? Construction is similar to the men's TT-80 line with softer flex and increased torsion stability.? Peter's summary:

Less demanding than the Power One and recommended for skill improvement, along with groomer cruising, even at fairly high speed. Is it actually "perfect?" Probably not, but it's close for the right kind of skier.? (115-67-99)?

If anyone happens to see a great deal on this (or a similar) ski in 156 length, let me (or her) know.? I think the key in the above summary is the narrow waist, relatively soft flex for the level of performance, and the assertion that its a recommended ski for skill improvement along with high speed groomer cruising.? Her "greed for speed" has increased quite a bit in the past couple of years, but she is also always doing PMTS drills.

Ron:
will do  (love the "Mid-fat" of 72 :) )

jim-ratliff:

;)  Glad you caught it.  I had you in mind when I chose the word.

LivingProof:
Calling Philpug, Calling Philpug.

Jim, did you pm the deal-master?

Wonder if he has a short pair of RX 70's?

jim-ratliff:

But you have to understand that I'm enamored of the concept of getting "the Perfect One for the perfect one"!! 

And sorry guys, the system doesn't have a gagging icon?

Looking for a deal like I got on the Maunga's, $100 still in the shrink wrap (and I think Svend bought the pair for his daughter from the same place).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version