Author Topic: ADJUSTING LOOK P12 BINDINGS...HOW MANY MM CAN THEY MOVE ONCE MOUNTED?  (Read 344 times)

roof867

Well, I bought a pair of 158cm 8000's, and they are going to be too short, so, I am buying a slightly used pair in 165cm. My like new Legend 8000's come with Look P12 ti lifter bindings on them. They are mounted for a 292mm boot. I have a 297mm boot. Is this going to be a problem? How many mm can I adjust a Look binding?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Barrettscv

You should be fine. I'm not sure of the official factory stats, but 5mm adjustment is well within the maximum adjustment.

What are you going to do with the 158mm 8000's ?

Michael

roof867

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info. I know nothing about Look, I've never skied them.

Anyway, I'm trying to sell the 8000's, but I'm torn. I found a near new pair of 8000's in 165 with the Pivot ti 12 (A better binding than the Px model because of the pivot heal, from what I hear). I have my 8000's on ebay right now, starting bid is only $449, plus $35 shipping. I would keep them, but the problem I am having is that I have never demoed these skis, so I don't know what size I really need. So, even at a great price, it's tough when you don't demo! I am 5'6", 145, but I am afraid that the 158 is going to be too short and unstable at that length, especially because they're light skis. What do you think? I was even considering going to the 4800 in 165. I passed up a new pair of those, with the P12 pivot heal, for $305! DUMB!!!

Barrettscv

I would go with the longer ski. I would also try to find the old style Look bindings, but the PX is still acceptable if that what you end up with.

Cheers,

Michael

roof867

The 8000's that I'm looking at buying come with the Pivot heal Ti 12 lifter bindings. That is the better one correct? Anyway, at $330 delivered, I can't complain. If you know anyone that is interested in my new fiber 8000's, with the PX 12 matching binding, let me know. I'll let them go for a little over what I paid for them.