Author Topic: Portillo this September?  (Read 296 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Portillo this September?
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 01:03:52 pm »
I don't think I support Jim in this venture. I think he needs to just see his son/daughter in law and wait for further adventures when he has his wine and ski consultant along (aka, ME!). >:D

Gee Lynn, that sentiment sounds awfully familiar.? Except I am usually at the receiving end of those hostile looks, chilly silences, and outright dismissive treatment, when I announce that I have yet another project in the Banff/Calgary area, and just might have to spend an extra day or two there to go skiing.? Terryl shows no sympathy whatever for all the sweat, labour and toil that I give to my clients, and my sacrifices to support my family.? My boot-bag, ready and waiting for the trip to the airport, gets unceremoniously tossed out the front door onto the lawn.? Is there no justice in life?? ???

You need to keep the bags ready but keep them out osight!? PS- My transpack is ready to in the dining room and the duffle stays packed upstairs in a back bedroom. I can be ready roll in muinutes...

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 07:50:58 am »
OK, Lynn.? ?;D ;D ;D Whatever you say dear!!? ?:-* :-* :-*

Jim, I have tried that....numerous times.  She simply cannot be placated.  Even the usual "Have a glass of wine, dear, and just rest and relax", fails to calm her.  What's the old saying? Hell hath no fury like a woman denied of a (black) diamond.....? Add the location of said diamond, and it just gets worse..... ::)

You need to keep the bags ready but keep them out osight!  PS- My transpack is ready to in the dining room and the duffle stays packed upstairs in a back bedroom. I can be ready roll in muinutes..

In the dining room, Ron? Would the boot bag be considered camouflaged in that setting? Blending in with the rest of the decor, invisible to all but the most observant eye?

But still, good advice....Ready to deploy in seconds at the ring of the secret red phone..... ;D

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 11:34:32 am »
We never use the dining room! WAAAYYY too formal for us.   8)

But my wife fully supports my trips including the Chile one too!